The Design Process
The Process of Remodeling a Kitchen or Bath
"90% of what we do is remodeling. It gives us an excellent idea of kitchen and bath home remodeling costs.
That means our initial quote is usually pretty close to the final. We don't
like surprises any more than you do."
A ReMARKable Kitchen Store
With any kitchen and bath home remodeling project, it is attention to detail that makes the difference.
At A ReMARKable Kitchen Store, no detail is unimportant to our craftsmen, or to our commitment for your satisfaction. You will work with Mark Uchida, whose experience as a chef and food services engineer assures that your new kitchen will not only provide a centerpiece of elegance in your home, but achieve the comfort and practical functionality you are looking for.
Remodeling a kitchen or bath need not be traumatic. From planning to completion, we are always there for you. Your satisfaction is our most important asset.
Your kitchen remodeling idea is equally important. We want to help you fulfill your dreams, and our designers are experienced at taking that magazine showpiece or the elegance of our showroom displays and bringing your dream kitchen or bath to life.
Steps in the Process of Kitchen and
Bath Home Remodeling
- To begin the process of remodeling a kitchen or bathroom, gather some basic measurements and bring them to our showroom at A ReMARKable Kitchen Store. Be sure to mark the walls, doors, and windows on your drawing. You don't need to be an engineer. A pencil and a ruler will get you through
- We know your first concern is price. That is why the information on dimensions you bring is so important. We will also take a tentative look at what cabinetry, door styles, wood choice, finishes, and countertop material are right for your kitchen remodeling idea.
- Our next step is to lay out a floor plan design and price it. For your convenience, we will also provide a print from a computer-aided graphic program, giving you a visual perspective on how your completed design will appear. (See examples of computer visualizations of kitchens and bath designs.)
- After meeting to go over the design and your bath or kitchen remodeling cost, we work with you to fine-tune the details until you are comfortable with everything.
- The next step involves precise measurements and an evaluation of the project at your home. Our experts will check everything from electrical needs to plumbing, from wall space to the exact fit of appliances. From this detailed information, we will generate a final bath or kitchen remodeling cost.
- We help you make final selections, from the type of kitchen cabinet knobs to the sink and faucet, wood choices, finish details, countertop color and edges, etc. At this stage, your contract is developed and presented for your approval.
- When you sign a contract and put down a 40% deposit, we will order the items for your job.
- Upon delivery of cabinets and accessories to your home, another 40% of your balance is due.
- Installations typically occur from 6 to 8 weeks after the signing of your contract.
- How long installation requires depends upon the size of the project. Installation can take anywhere from a few days to three or four weeks. Granite countertops, for instance, can add time because of the demanding process for their order and creation. We take care to keep you aware of the timing and cost effects of any choice you may wish to consider.
- The final 20% balance of the payment is due upon completion and your satisfaction. And our primary concern is always you satisfaction. It's a better way of kitchen and bath home remodeling.
Ready to make the first step? Contact us to meet our design experts.
Many kitchen designers have never spent a day in the kitchen, utilizing the space as you will for years and decades to come. They understand what they've been taught. At a ReMARKable Kitchen Store, owner Mark Uchida can take your space far beyond theory. As an experienced chef and food services engineer, Mark understands the ergonomics of the kitchen work triangle from a very practical, hands-on perspective. There will be good, logical reasons for the placement of every element and workspace in your kitchen design. Mark also understands how important the role of aesthetics is in home cooking and the comfort that elegant cabinetry and countertop space can provide for you in years to come.
What will your kitchen remodeling cost? We work hard to make your bath or kitchen remodeling idea affordable. It's a matter of value. Saving money on materials you will have to repair or repurchase a few years from now makes no sense. Would you purchase a substandard vehicle that will be in the shop more than on the road, or rusted out years before the final payment?
At a ReMARKable Kitchen Store, we constantly seek the best value for our customers. Whether your design is best served by stock cabinetry, semi-custom items, or fully customized cabinets and countertops, the value, durability, and beauty of the final product should justify the cost of purchase and installation.
A ReMARKable Kitchen Store is located in Blawnox, PA and provides custom cabinet design and remodeling services within a 30+ mile radius of the Pittsburgh area, including: Allegheny County, western Westmoreland County, Allison Park, Apollo, Avonmore, Bloomfield, Braddock, Cheswick, Churchill, Cranberry Township, Delmont, Duquesne, East Liberty, East Pittsburgh, Edgewood, Etna, Export, Fox Chapel, Glassport, Greensburg, Harrison City, Hempfield Township, Irwin, Jeannette, Leechburg, Lower Burrell, McKeesport, Millvale, Monroeville, Mount Lebanon, Mt. Washington, Murrysville, New Kensington, North Huntingdon, North Side, North Versailles, Oakmont, Penn Hills, Penn Township, Pittsburgh, Plum Boro, Shadyside, Sharpsburg, South Side, Springdale, Squirrel Hill, Swissvale, Tarentum, Trafford, Turtle Creek, Vandergrift, Verona, Wall, White Oak, and Wilkinsburg. Please don't hesitate to contact us to learn if A ReMARKable Kitchen Store can be of service to you.
Return to Top